What You Should Ask Before Hiring A DWI Attorney
Most people don’t know how to choose a DWI defense attorney. Before hiring any attorney, you should ask the following questions:
- How many DWI trials involving an accident have you won?
- Have you actually won a breath test DWI trial?
- Have you ever won a blood test DWI trial?
- Will you request an ALR hearing and fight my driver’s license suspension?
- Have you handled cases involving my judge, prosecutor and court staff?
- Will you give me your cell phone number so I can call you directly?
- Are you certified to administer the field sobriety tests?
- What formal training have you completed regarding breath testing (Infra-Red spectroscopy)?
- What formal training have you completed regarding forensic blood testing (gas chromatography)?
- Are you an ACS-CHAL Forensic Lawyer-Scientist?
- How many years have you been practicing DWI defense?
- Do you limit your practice to DWI and related matters?
- How many dismissals do you have?
- How many jury trials have you conducted?
- How many ALR hearings have you conducted?
If you didn’t get a “yes” answer to all of these questions you are not talking to the “right” attorney.
I have defended DWI cases for over 23 years. I am the only ACS-CHAL Forensic Lawyer-Scientist in Travis County. I always request an ALR hearing. I have conducted over 300 jury trials and ALR hearings. I have over 500 case dismissals. I am available 24/7 including nights, and weekends. Payment plans are available. I have fought and won DWI’s involving breath and blood tests in the following counties: Austin, Bastrop, Brazos, Burleson, Colorado, Fayette, Fort Bend, Grimes, Harris, Hays, Karnes, Lavaca, Lee, Montgomery, Travis, Walker, Waller, Washington, and Williamson.
Posted in: Criminal Defense, DWI/DUI, DWI/DUI Defense